February 04, 2009

Reloxin May Oust Botox in the Battle to Smooth Wrinkles

Allergan has been frustrating physicians for years annually raising the price of it proprietary wrinkle smoother Botox. Help may be around the corner. Medicis, the company behind Restylane and Perlane, is about to release Reloxin the next generation of Botulinum Toxin A for smoothing facial lines. The product is thought to act more quickly (1-2 days) instead of the 10-14 days required with Botox. Additionally it will last longer than Botox and have a lower price point. In rough economic times I welcome a break that I can extend to my patients.

See story about Reloxin on MSNBC here...

In other news: Latisse is now available to lengthen eyelashes. Allergan requires a visit to the doctor's office first as patients with narrow angle glaucoma should not use this product. I like Revitalash a product currently available in my office to enhance eyelash texture and length. My lashes have always been sparse and light colored....after using Revitalash for a month they are thick and long. I no longer need mascara!!!